YOGA FOR EMPOWERED BIRTH
Events in 2020
12 February – 18 March
20 May – 24 June
26 August – 30 September
INTERESTED? CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE.
This 6 week pre-natal yoga course offers a nurtured space for you to connect with your baby, your body and your breath, AND prepare for birth all at once. This is my signature, unique yoga and childbirth education course for active birth.
The course runs for 6 weeks on Wednesday’s from 5:30pm – 7:00pm (90 minute sessions). Classes held at the Australian Children’s Chiropractic Centre, Warner’s Bay, in their yoga loft.
What we cover :
- meditation to support you to connect with your body, baby and breathing
- yoga poses (asanas) to support you at whatever stage of pregnancy you are at, and poses for active birth
- pelvic floor awareness
- yogic pranayama (breathing) and chanting or sounding for birth, and pre-natally to relieve stress
- yoga nidra – a deep relaxation technique; and
- childbirth education.
This will be an ideal space to connect with like-minded pregnant women in an intimate atmosphere, and beautiful space.
This yoga course is based on the philosophy of yoga for active birth initiated by Janet Balaskas. Not only does an active birth philosophy focus on positions for supporting active birth but also on cultivating belief and trust in your body and the natural and involuntary nature of birth. The yoga-based positions and philosophy will encourage you to tune into your instincts for birthing.
“Keeping active during labour and adopting natural, upright or crouching birth positions is the safest, most enjoyable, most economical and sensible way for the majority of women to give birth.” – Janet Balaskas
(split payment offered)
Space is limited to 10 only.
50% deposit or full payment to confirm and secure your spot.
STILL WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Week 1 – Introduction to Active Birth + anchoring your energy and awareness in your body.
Week 2 – Embracing functional/productive pain. Reframing pain as power.
Week 3 – How do you want your birth to feel? Creating the vision and energy of your desired birth.
Week 4 – Surrendering to the energy of birth / letting go.
Week 5 – Trusting your body, your baby, and the mystery of birth.
Week 6 – Receiving support and postpartum planning.
To register your interest, and secure a spot, click below. You’ll receive a welcome email with payment instructions.
“I took Clancy’s pre-natal yoga course from 34 weeks right up until 39 weeks, and I know it played a huge role in preparing and supporting me to have an all natural, drug and intervention free VBAC (vaginal birth after previous caesarean) of my beautiful, big 4.2kg boy, right on time! Not only did I feel physically prepared and confident with the right strength and flexibility to birth my baby, but I felt more emotionally and spiritually connected. Being my second pregnancy, Clancy’s sessions were a beautiful opportunity to take time out from the busy world of toddlers, work and a million other things, just for myself and to connect with my unborn baby. Thank you so much Clancy!!”
BIRTH WISE EDUCATION WORKSHOPS
Dates TBA for 2020
INTERESTED? CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE.
A 3 hour workshop to provide parents with a holistic framework for birth in the modern medical system.
By integrating modern medical knowing with an understanding of the emotional and inner journey of pregnancy, and birth, you’ll leave feeling equipped to approach birth with confidence and courage.
This workshop will help you to:
- Understand the modern medical system and how holistic/physiological/normal birth is possible within it.
- Activate your birthing instincts and know the importance of inner exploration as a key part of birth preparation.
- Learn techniques and strategies to work with pain during birth.
- Feel more confident for the experience of birth.
- Develop skills for managing stress in pregnancy, parenting and daily life.
- Enhance partner communication skills and strategies for supporting you during birth.
- Become more aware of how your approach to birth can influence your birth.
- Feel more prepared for uncertainty and the unexpected in your birth and parenting journey.
The workshop is a mix of learning and education, with practical fun exercises that will engage you, and your partner.
Investment: $110 per couple, or single $90
- 3 hours of informative and engaging childbirth education from the Birthing From Within approach
- Tea and snacks
- Information handout for home study/practice